The Elgin Public Library has a rich history dating back to the late 1800s of support from community members who understood the importance of a public library. You too can be a part of the support so future generations may continue to benefit from all of the programs and services the library has to offer. Here are a list of opportunities for you to show your support:
- Serve on the Library Advisory Board
- Make a direct monetary donation to the Friends of the Elgin Library
- Make a memorial donation to the Friends of the Elgin Library.
- Visit the library and drop off a check made out to Friends of the Elgin Library and information on who you would like remembered on the memorial card or on the donation card.
- Donate slightly used or new books (in English or Spanish) or DVDs (no VHS please).
- PLEASE only donate during hours of operation.
- Do not leave a box/container outside the building. Leaving boxes/containers with books outside the building may result in books being trashed due to mold, mildew, and pests that may invade the box/container.
- Do not place donations in the drop box. When this occurs, staff are unsure if these were accidentally placed in the box. Staff spends more time trying to solve the mystery versus the library benefiting from your donation.
- Books donated during hours of operation will either be added to the collection, placed on the Friends of the Elgin Library donation cart, or even used for a craft. Either way, someone will benefit from them.
- Tell a friend, neighbor, family member, anyone about us!
- Leave the Elgin Public Library a review on Google
- Follow and share any of our social media posts so others can discover the Elgin Public Library.Facebook