Join us for the 36th Annual Hogeye Festival
Saturday, October 28th
Brought to you by the City of Elgin Main Street Program, the annual Hogeye Festival is a downtown street festival held on the 4th Saturday of October. Hogeye celebrates community, family, famous Elgin Sausage, and all things swine!
Play Cow Patty Bingo and win fabulous prizes based on where a cow does her or his business (splatter matters in this game!). Sample the winners at the BBQ Pork Cook Off, dance all day to live music.
Enjoy handmade arts and crafts, the Pearls Before Swine Art Show, and kid's activities. Stroll through the Road Hog Car Show. Test your aim at the ACME Brick throwing contest before you take a rest on a hay bale. Join us as we sing along to "P-O-R-K in the USA" and “Hoofloose” while the Harleys roll in with The Elgin Sowpremes.This is a free festival that is produced by the Elgin Main Street Board, organized by local hogunteers (volunteers), and underwritten by generous business sponsors.
Join us for “The Best Little Pig Gig In Texas” in Downtown Elgin!
Pig Puns, Fun Activities, & Events for Everyone!
Hogs, Sows, and Piglets will surely find a pigtivity just right for them at the Hogeye Festival!
Thursday, October 26, 2023
- Hogeye Stroll 5 pm - 9 pm
- The Pearls Before Swine Art Show starts the festival in style on Thursday evening with the opening Gala sponsored by the Elgin Art Association.
- The Hogalicious Dessert Contest is at Firewild located at 201 N. Main Street. Adult, Youth, and Professional divisions for Cake & Pies. Registration begins at 5 pm, judging starts promptly at 7 pm with winners announced at 8 pm. Sample the delicious entries after judging takes place.
- SOOOEEEY! Smash Daddies is holding a Hog Calling Contest. Celebrity judge, Judge P. Rind, will be on hand to pick the winner of several categories including cutest call, loudest call, and overall best call. Registration starts at 5 pm and the entry fee is donation-based. All ages are welcome. Click here for more information.
Friday, October 27, 2023
Free Street Dance
Kenny Orts and No Chance
Downtown Elgin on Depot Street from 8 pm-midnight
Pigtivities at Hogeye on Saturday, October 28, 2023
Fun for the whole family! FREE Festival Shuttle at the Elgin Parks and Recreation Center located at 361 SH-95. Buses are wheelchair accessible.
- Festival Events
- Hogeye Festival Fact Sheet
- Hogeye Poster
- Festival Map
- Festival Shuttle
- Cow Patty Bingo
- Hogalicious Dessert Contest Flyer
- Hogalicious Dessert Contest - Adult/Youth
- Hogalicious Dessert Contest - Professional
- Hog Calling Contest
- Think Pink Thursdays
- Pearls Before Swine Art Show
- 2023 Road Hog Car Show Flyer
- 2023 Road Hog Car Show Registration Form
- Friday Night Dance
- Gordon Swenson Memorial BBQ Pork Cook-off
- Lindsy Kay Wing Children's Pet Parade
- In a Pig's Eye Corn Hole
- 2023 Hogeye Festival Band Line-Up
- Vintage Farm Equipment Display
- Hogeye Volunteers Needed
- Downtown 78621 Fall Issue 2022
- Road Closures 2022
- Texas Monthly Article 2008
- Texas Highways Article 2010