Stay in shape at the Elgin Rec Center!
Monday through Friday, join us from 8:00AM-10:00AM for Wildcat Walkers! During this time you'll be able to utilize the gym exclusively for doing laps in a climate controlled space. When you reach 100miles of laps in the gym, you'll win a free shirt!
We also offer a number of fitness opportunities geared towards our active older adults including:
- Extreme Walking on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:00AM - 10:00AM. Walk over and through obstacles with the assistance of Nordic Poles to build fitness and balance.
- Mind, Body, Spirit with Patti on Mondays and Wednesdays from 9:00AM - 10:00AM. This class is a mix of reiki, yoga, and meditation for full body and mind wellness.
- Tai Chi for Balance with Boaz on Thursdays from 9:00AM - 10:00AM. This class combines tai chi practices, stretching, balance, and mental focus.
- Slow Yoga & Meditation with Jackie once a week on Fridays from 9:00AM - 10:00AM. In this class you'll balance practice, breathing, stretching and toning exercises.
- Tai Chi as Martial Arts with Boaz on Saturdays from 10:00AM - 11:30AM. This class teaches tai chi practices based on martial arts movements.