- City of Elgin
- Community Services
- Recreation Programming
- Morris Memorial Pool
- Morris Pool Guidelines
Morris Pool Guidelines
Assumption of Risk and Waiver of Liability
The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to spread mainly from person-to-person contact. As a result, federal, state and local governments, and federal and state health agencies recommend social distancing and have, in many locations, prohibited the congregation of large groups of people. The City of Elgin Parks & Recreation Department has created new protocols and put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19; however the City of Elgin Parks & Recreation cannot guarantee that you will not become exposed to or infected with COVID-19 by entering upon and using City of Elgin premises.
I acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that I may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by enter upon and using City of Elgin premises, and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and/or death. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and other, including, but not limited to, City of Elgin employees, volunteers, and others entering upon and using City of Elgin premises. I voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury to myself or my child(ren) including, but not limited to, personal injury, disability, death, illness, damage, loss, claim, liability or expense of any kind that I may experience or incur in connection with my entering upon and using City of Elgin premises. On my behalf, and on behalf of my child(ren), I hereby release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless the City of Elgin and their officials, employees, agents and representatives, from and against any and all liability, claims, demands, actions, causes of action, damages, and expenses arising or in any way related to my entrance upon and use of City of Elgin premises. I understand and agree that this release and covenant not to sue includes, but is not limited to, any claims related to COVID-19 based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of City of Elgin or their officials, employees, agents and representatives, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during or after my entrance upon and use of City of Elgin premises.
Morris Memorial Pool Rules and Regulations
The following rules and regulations have been established for the benefit of all users of the pool to assure the safe operation of the pool facilities and to provide enjoyable recreation for all. Patrons are requested to cooperate in observing these rules and to obey the instructions of the pool staff. Patrons violating swimming rules are subject to the revocation of their swimming privileges.
The Parks & Recreation Department reserves the right to refuse admittance into Morris Memorial Pool when the capacity of the pool has been reached or when otherwise deemed necessary for the health, welfare or safety of the patrons.
General Rules / Admission Policies:
- No one will be allowed in the swimming area unless the pool is officially open and a lifeguard is on duty. Entering upon the pool facility when it is not open for public use in punishable by fines and / or imprisonment.
- All rules and requests made by lifeguards and pool personnel must be followed
- All patrons entering the facility are required to pay the facility admission fee or show an ERC Membership keytag
- Children under 6 years of age must be accompanied by an adult in the water within reach, due to the high risk nature of the activity.
- Children 12 years of age and under must be accompanied by an adult at the pool facility.
- Children who are not potty trained must wear a swim diaper covered by a swimsuit
- Persons in the water must wear acceptable swim wear. A complete description can be found at Check In
- A group of more than 5 patrons under the age of 16 must be supervised at poolside by an adult in swim attire at all times.
- Use of the wading pool is restricted to children 5 years or younger, and must be supervised by an adult in the water. Children must not be left unattended
- Persons under the influence of alcohol or narcotics will be denied admission and/or asked to leave the premises
- All patrons must shower before entering the pool. Persons with open cuts, sores, bandages, colds, coughs or infected eyes are not permitted in the pool.
- Spitting, spouting or nose-blowing in the pool is strictly prohibited.
- Patrons must not run around pool; climb sit or jump on fences; dive in shallow water; dunk, push, pull or splash swimmers. Jumps are permitted feet first. Back jumps, twisting and flips are not permitted at any time.
- Do not engage the lifeguard in unnecessary conversation
- Emergency procedures must be observed. Swimmers must leave the pool area immediately upon the signal or request of the Pool Manager or lifeguards
- Foul and abusive language will not be tolerated.
- If a patron with disability needs special accommodations to use the pool facility, please contact 512-285-6434 or a lifeguard supervisor on-site
- Lifeguards have the authority to enforce all pool rules. Patrons who violate the rules can be removed from the pool facility, no refunds.
- No large toys, balls, inner tubes, inflated boats, rafts or any other items that may impede the vision of the lifeguards or safety of the patrons in the pool facility. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- All trash must be placed in trash cans.
- No food or other items in the water.
- No glass in the pool area
- No pets allowed in the pool area. Service animals are permitted in facility with appropriate paperwork.
- No alcohol or drugs allowed on site.
- The phone on-site is for Emergency Use Only. In case of emergency, notify pool staff who will dial 911
- Employees are the only people allowed in staff rooms, equipment rooms and other restricted areas
- No smoking
- The pool will be cleared periodically for safety breaks. During this time patrons are requested to cooperate with the lifeguards by quickly exiting the pool
- Pool rentals are only available Saturday and Sunday nights from 6:30-8:30PM. At this time, the pool will be closed to the public.
- Equipment, personal items and other objects must be at least 10 feet away from the desk to ensure the desk is clear for rescues @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Changing is only permitted in the restroom or other designated areas; this includes children
- The Parks & Recreation Department is not responsible for personal items. Lost and Found items will be disposed of or recycled.
- Shower before entering the pool @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- All patrons within the pool decks and pool area must be attired in swimming apparel. Street shoes and clothing are okay in the grass areas, but not in the pool
- Pool users must wear swimsuits or trunks upon entry to the pool. Cut-offs, gym shorts, and underwear are not permitted swimwear. Swimwear should be colorfast and of lightweight material suitable for swimwear such as lycra, spandex or nylon. Clean t-shirts may be worn for modesty or medical reasons as sanctioned by the pool staff.
- Infants/children who are not toilet trained and adult who are incontinent, who wish to enter any pool, must wear a clean diaper or disposable swim diaper covered by separate rubber/vinyl pants, all of which must fit snugly at the legs and waist. If the diaper becomes solid, this person must leave the pool immediately, and may not return until they have taken or been given a soap shower and has a new diaper with clean rubber/vinyl pants. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- During storms, the pool will be closed and the entire area cleared of patrons at the discretion of the Pool Staff. Due to limited cover, patrons are asked to leave the facility. The pool will reopen when deemed safe.
- No refunds issued for pool closures due to severe weather. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>